My Mobile Station Repairs, Part I   Leave a comment

I replaced the main power connector coming from the battery (one of the Anderson Power Poles had been loose), and then connected the radio directly to the battery via this new connector. I worked Japan on 10 meters, and considered myself good to go.

I put my Yaesu FT-857D back in the box I built for it. There wasn’t a whole lot to it, and I’ll finish hooking it up in the car today. Once it is connected, I’ll try to make a few contacts and make sure my transmitted audio sounds good.

If it passes, I’ll turn my attention to rebuilding the VHF box I have in the trunk. It has a radio for APRS (not functioning properly), and VHF/UHF (no transmit audio). I’ll start troubleshooting those next.

I did manage to work Australia on 10 meters yesterday afternoon using 25 watts through my Radio Shack HTX-10 I have temporarily mounted between the seats.

I’ll keep you posted as I rebuild my station.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: