Daily Radio Report: 9/6/15   Leave a comment

Yesterday was the beginning of getting my radio situation into integrity.

The first step was replacing the microphone for my Kenwood TS-130S. I’ve lived with it taped up and having to hold the cord in the correct position. I ordered a new one.

The second step was to tighten up my magnet mount, as the antenna flops around quite a bit. I took down the antenna for a while (until my new microphone arrives).

I also temporarily installed the Yaesu FT-7800 in the car, so that I have some radio in the car. I could hit the Socorro repeater from Isleta (exit 209) to somewhere near of Truth or Consequences (around exit 89).

Tomorrow, I will put the Radio Shack HTX-10 in the Malibu and call “Dr. Dick” about repairing my Yaesu FT-857.

Thank you for reading my post.

Advertisements

Posted September 8, 2015 by n3mra in Daily Radio Report, Station configuration

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: