Crown Victoria Work   Leave a comment

I spent yesterday evening working on the Crown Vic, prepping it for storm chasing. I put my Kenwood TS-130S on the floor, and wedged the Yaesu FT-7800 between the seats for now. I tested both of them, successfully.

In terms of antennas, I tuned Hamsticks for 15 meters and 17 meters. I also disassembled a multiband antenna only to find that the base was cracked (hence why it was so hard to tune). What a shame!

The Yaesu FT-857D is still not functioning correctly. I’ll have to get that repaired, if there is ever money to do so.

I did manage to check into the SCAT Net this morning from US-60 in Magdalena. That’s a long ways!

Thank you for reading my post.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: